What information is gathered?¶
Our webserver creates a logfile with the following non-personally-identifying information that your browser sends on each request:
- Browser type
- Language preference
- HTTP operation
- Date and time of request
Our webserver also logs potentially personally-identifying information like
- Internet Protocol (IP) addresses
- User name (once you are logged in)
What information is required for registration?¶
When registering, you're asked to provide the following data (later referred to as profile information):
- First and last name
- Email address
- Participation in the Multilateral Interoperability Programme (MIP)
- MIP sponsor name and email
- Preferred language for web content
- The date and time at which an account was created,
- The last connection to the MIM portal for a given account,
- Information added or modified by the user.
Note: All the information provided by you has to be honest and correct. Failure to comply with this requirement can lead to the termination of your account. Moreover, your primary email address must be provided by your current organisation and not by a free email service provider such as Google, Yahoo, or Hotmail. Requests with an inproper email address will be rejected without any explanation.
How do we use this information?¶
- We use the information in the logfiles to analyze browser usage and to protect the integrity of the site in case of attacks.
- The administrators (see below) may use your email address to contact you regarding (mis-)behaviour on our website.
- The administrators may pass user information to the national representatives in the Multilateral Interoperability Programme and/or the MIP Programme Management Group
- to validate the legitimacy of any registration in suspicious cases,
- to validate requests to access the MIP member-only part of the MIM portal.
- We do not disclose any information to other third parties unless imposed by the law.
Who can access your profile information?¶
Except for the "Welcome" area, all other areas of the MIM portal ("projects" in terms of Redmine) require users to login. Your name will be visible to other registered users if you contribute information (e.g., when raising a ticket, adding a comment to an existing ticket, committing a change to a Subversion repository).
MIM portal administrators can see profiles. As of 04-May-2018, the following persons are administrators of the MIM portal:
- Michael Gerz, Fraunhofer FKIE, michael.gerz (at) fraunhofer.fkie.de
- Nico Bau, Fraunhofer FKIE, nico.bau (at) fraunhofer.fkie.de
You can use the MIM portal without a cookie but if you login, we have to set a session cookie to make it possible for you to navigate the website.
Social networks & advertisements¶
mimworld.org does not support social networks. You won't find "+1" or "like" buttons here.
This website also does not include web content from any advertising partner.